Looking for something exciting to do over the Christmas break but don’t have the cash to fund your fun? I’ve got you covered, with 10 actual free things to do in and around town.
- The Enchanted Garden is a magical light display in the Roma Street Parklands on every night from 6:30pm – 9:30pm. This is a super popular event so make sure you get there early to secure a spot in the line.
- Free Santa photos at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre are on until Christmas Eve. Times vary so check their website before you make the trip.
- If you need something to bribe the kids with while you’re at Indooroopilly, Glue Store has free Fairy Floss between 12pm and 4pm this Saturday 16th December.
- Get your culture on at QPAC with a free performance by The Wet Fish at Green Jam, this Friday the 15th December at 5:30pm.
- Grab a picnic rug and catch a free Christmas Movie at the Roma Street Parklands Amphitheatre, nightly from 7:00pm until the 17th December. To find out what’s playing this weekend check out the Visit Brisbane website.
- To celebrate their grand opening The Yiros Shop, Newmarket will be handing out FREE YIROS on the 21st December from 5pm – 8pm. Guys, FREE YIROS, free rotisserie meaty deliciousness!!! Find them at Shop 131, Newmarket Village,400 Newmarket Rd, Newmarket QLD.
- Park the car at Kangaroo Point and go for a free ferry ride along the river on the City Hopper (Read the parking signs carefully, free parking is available outside of business hours and on Sundays, ON SELECTED STREETS.)
- Go for a walk through the city and check out the Gold Lotto City Hall Lights, on every night until Christmas Eve from 7:30pm.
- The Summer Festival: Tech + Stories + Play, starts at the Queensland Library on the 18th December with free activities for the little ones. For full details visit their website.
- Last but certainly not least, the South Bank Christmas Gift Market is back from the 15th – 23rd December! Every day from 3pm – 10pm you can stroll through Stanley Plaza…
admiring all of the handmade gifts and pinching all the free samples… because this is a post about free activities after all.